Mixed it is

Heya all,

I'm sharing a photoframe a mixed media (well kinda) project today. The photoframe was gifted to me by my sis-in-law and over time its color got worn out so I gessoed it, basically I mixed gesso with a little bit of tsukineko antiquing solution in walnut ink, then painted all over the frame. Put in three pics of me and DH. The paper is from secret crush (again scraps from the 12x12 pack cover). The heart is hand cut and glittered. The XO is chipboard elements from Fancy pants, glittered them myself though. The mini alphabet stickers are from simple stories fabulous line. I pretty much loved the way this frame turned out. 


The second project is an altered photo frame. My sis gifted my hubby this when we got engaged :) It's a hot pink glass frame with the a place to put two pics. My hubby never liked it for the fact that it was hot pink, always said it was too bright and too girlish. So I decided to alter it. I can't really say if its mixed media because all I used gesso, a tissue paper, and antiquing solution. All the flowers are handmade except the tiny roses. I printed the butterflies and inked them gold and vintage photo. Both the die-cuts doily and sentiment were cut from cream card stock and then inked using ranger's walnut stain, vintage photo and barn door distress inks. Here are the pics and a few close up of the flowers. And yes I love that little birdcage charm. Hope you'll like it as well.  





Thanks for dropping by!
hugs,
radhika

Comments

Popular Posts